Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blogger Templates Introduction

I recently decided to start blogging. After some brief research, I settled on the Blogger platform. 

I'm a bit of an "under the hood" kind of guy. I've coded a fair bit in Ruby on Rails and have ended up becoming proficient in ruby, the rails framework, javascript, CSS/SCSS, HTML, RSpec, BDD, and I don't know what else. I've also coded in VBA, Objective-C and a wee bit in C# a long time ago. So, naturally, I instantly wanted to start doing more customization that is possible via the normal dashboard. 

Apparently, like many people, I started Googling around for how-to's and reference information only to discover the documentation pretty much stinks. There are a couple of good posts out there (I'll put references in later). But, I thought I'd post my own experiences to see if I couldn't be helpful to someone else. 

So, that's what this is all about. My intention is to write a series of well-structured posts. But, I don't want to over think it. So, I'm going to just start posting and then clean up and refine as I go. 

For reference, I'm working in Windows 7 running on a MacBook Pro. I do my template editing using Notepad++. 


If you find this and have feedback, please drop a note. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment